30/04/2020

Aging 101

A great article:
I love it ... as a 60 year old woman every day I must remind myself I have 40 years left to live. It is my intention to live to be 100 years old and do it with health and vitality. It saddens me watching people shrink into despair and treat their bodies like a trash bin. It saddens me when people are spiritually stunted simply because religion has turned them off or because they are choosing not to continue learning, growing and exploring.
This woman inspires me as does the 82 year old man I met the other day out walking, exercising his ankle so he can get back to running! Start with the grief in life and grow from there and anyone can be the best they can be leading long, happy and healthy lives.I went to university when I was 57 to take a BA Hons and completed it in 3 years, I went on to complete a masters degree before I was 55 and am heading to U of T (Emmanuel College) in September 2020 to take a second masters in spiritual care and psychotherapy. I hunger to learn.
I hold three fitness certificates through CanFitPro: Group fitness leader, personal trainer, and healthy eating and weight loss coach. I run as much as I am motivated to run when not focused on a goal. Goals force me to be structured. I have two races left this summer that I am hoping will not be cancelled. One is an Olympic in September (An olympic is 2 km run, 40 km bike, 10 km run.
I eat very well choosing creation cooking over boxes, tins and jars. I love ice cream with maple syrup and must check myself not to eat more than I should and yet sometimes do. I care for my spirit and live a life of curiosity as opposed to anger and blame. These did not come easy it took some mirror gazing.This is the work I do when I work with others. Helping them work through the grief in life to find the sunshine. I have found the sunshine even on days like today when I love the rain. I do it without expectation. I simply do it to make the world a better place.
In this article I quote her, "What I’ve seen so far is that the crisis has brought out the best in good people and the worst in bad people. What I see now is that cooperation and empathy on a massive scale are needed to bring the world back on track."Are you back on track? If you are not I can help! I can listen and give you tools and suggestions.
The masks we wear ...



No comments:

Post a Comment