05/04/2018

Am I Dorothy or one of the others?

I love setting goals that are outside most comfort zones and then fulfilling them.

Yesterday I completed the first of many appearances on stage as a singer! I stepped out of my zone and registered for the Barrie Music Festival and had the adjudicator tell me how I am able to lift my voice in song and round out my own personal story.

It was such a thrill.


The last time I was at the music festival was in 8th grade! I love to sing and now I have a medal to tell me I can! I feel like one of the characters from The Wizard of Oz ... I have got my degree, I have got my medals of courage and strength, and I know I have heart!

Over the past few years, since 2014 I have been struggling to discover who I am and where my strengths lie. I had spent 10 years giving of myself to a career I thought was my life's work only to be rejected, stoned and crucified emotionally and spiritually. This took such a toll on my heart and soul.

The easiest thing to do was to bury myself in the bottom of a wine bottle. Well not even a bottle it was a 4-litre box of wine and not even a 4-litre box ... it was two and sometimes three boxes a week. In the summer of 2015 I found my therapist Jennifer who specializes in NLP and it was the beginning of my work. I personally had to dig deep and CHOOSE to build a new life around my strengths and my desire to feel well again in all the areas of health. Emotionally, physically, spiritually and mentally. Jennifer is a blessing to my life as I continue to work hard everyday.

The first part of my journey I uncovered much of the damage that was being masked by the coping mechanisms I lived out daily in my life. I assessed and spent time inside my own body and thoughts to see where life was being derailed. It is not easy work and yet it is so rewarding. I am still at it and will be at it for the rest of my life.

One of the daily tasks I set out to accomplish is to practice calming breaths and touching base hourly, sometimes minute by minute, with my inner thinking. It is crucial to my well-being and my daily accomplishments.

2019 is a milestone year for me and I am growing toward many bucket list goals that will set the pace for My Next 30 Years! You can too ...


1 comment: