24/10/2014

Words recreate time of day...

Funny how I am working in a current, present time and yet everything I study, via the Christian Scripture, is in time past.  Using words and names etc. that are in the past.  Since I understand the Christian Bible is a composite of writings about the experience of the Divine through the eyes of the historical Jewish and Christian people I try to listen to the "word" in a contemporary and alive way.

This Sunday I am looking at two pieces of which I have used the inclusive bible and re-wrote the words for my own purposes and to share them on Sunday.  The two pieces are Matthew 4:17-24 and Deut. 1:6-7a

Matthew 4:17-25

From that time on, Jesus began proclaiming the message, “Change your hearts and minds, for the kin-dom of heaven is at hand!” 

As Jesus was walking along the Sea of Galalee, he watched two brothers Simon, who was called Peter, and Andrew, casting a net into the sea.  They fished by trade.

Jesus said to them, “Come and follow me, and I will help you fish for people.”  They immediately abandoned their nets and began to follow.

Jesus walked along further and caught sight of a second pair of brothers James and John sons of ben-Zebedee.  They too were in their boat, mending their nets with their father.  Jesus called and immediately they abandoned both boat and father to follow.

Jesus traveled through Galilee, teaching in synagogues, proclaiming the good news o f a kin-dom that was forgiving, loving and empowering healing all  kinds of sickness and dis-ease among the people.  His message spread throughout the land, and people suffering were brought to him and he taught them, healing their weaknesses and ailments.  Large groups of people followed him ....

Deut 1:6-7a

YHWH, our God, says to us, “You have lived on this mountain long enough. Begin your journey again....

So when I hear these words I here the Divine, that which is part of all creation, speaking to me reminding me that every day is a new day with no mistakes in it and I can begin the journey today.  I can be strong, full of courage and resourceful TODAY!  Yesterday are lessons I can learn from and the future is my oyster. I hear how Jesus went out and made friends and said "come, follow me" and I will show you the way of truth and the way YHWH means you to live.  I will fight for justice, seek kindness and walk humbly with you, not ahead of you, but beside you reminding you that you are special and unique.  I will help to heal your dis-ease in yourself by helping you find the Divine in you.  I will lead by example so come follow me and watch, learn and listen.  Leave behind the clutches of material need and social pressure.  Leave behind the ego's need and start fresh TODAY. It is a new day.

Come on a journey with me!  Come and find the teaching's fresh and new all over again, or maybe for the first time.  BE authentic and BE all that you can be.  Come with me ... Come with me!


The road it before you ... drop what you are doing and follow your own heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment