12/11/2014

Forever changing...

I have changed many of my practices lately because I have changed my mind and my outlook.  I have finally realized I was letting my ego control where I was going and what was to come next.  I was teaching about letting go and listening and yet was living very much in the driver's seat of my own life, not heeding my own good advice.

Walking and pondering in the local conservation has been solace and comfort to me.  I spend as much time as I can there just walking, listening and smelling the fall.  Leaves falling, trees going to sleep, my grandson pitter-pattering along beside me.  His questions about "Why, Gramma?" causing me to dig deeper for an answer.  The realization that like peeling an onion, eventually the perpetual "why" will lead you to the final response, "I just don't know Hunter, I just don't know" and then he ponders.  Gramma doesn't know?  But when I consistently give him answers he is lead to believe that I know everything.  A false-hood if there ever was one.

A hollow log laying in the forest decomposing back to the land.  I feel like that some days.  I have been strong and standing only to find the life I have grown is not what it appeared to be.  A different road has stretched out before me.  A time when I must curl up into a small seed of new potential and see what the next phase of growth means.  What will I be next?  Where will it take me?  I don't know, Hunter, I just don't know.

What I do know is I am happier than I have ever been in my life.  I feel settled and ready to give whatever it is that is asked of me.  I am in the three days of darkness after the full lunar appearance waiting to see what the darkness unfolds for me.  I have my eyes closed trying to see more clearly as i feel that my sight has made me blind (Barbara Brown Taylor, Learning to Walk in the Dark page 108)  This picture was taken by my friend Bill and it has a profound story behind it.  Not my story to tell but when he tells it my life changes.   Maybe Bill will post a comment to my blog and share his story.

As one chapter of my life leads into the other I have been compiling all my journals together to store them.  For the past seven years I have been recording thoughts.  Funny how these notes are very special to me now at this stage of my life.  It feels like I have been heading somewhere and can now stand at the crossroads looking back and forward at the same time, seeing how important the journey has been thus far.   I never considered  myself a writer or one who journals regularly but, in gathering all the dollar store books that have my thoughts and my notes, maybe someday they will be put into a set of works for my grandchildren and great grandchildren.

I want to teach somehow and the only way I know how to teach is to do.  So that is the next phase for me.  Hands on tactile work that will help me do into the lives of others that which I know of as spiritual.  I have learned about self-awareness and human consciousness and left behind the religion I grew up with.  I have intimate knowledge of myself that I never dreamed was possible.  I love myself and I love what it is I want to do with my life.

Deepak Chopra's meditations and lessons around pure potentiality have become a root of this magnificence I am nurturing.  Letting go of the ego, hearing the spirit and steeping myself in the divine beckoning of that which is the pure creative spirit has taken hold of me.  How about you?  Are you looking to be the best you can be?  Begin today and go for the ride of your life to wholeness and fulfillment of your greatest passions.

 

Burst forth and let the seeds of your potential spill over into the world.  You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment